Friday, November 4, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS

This stamp is from Penny Black (4208K Christmas Narative).  I stamped the design with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on off white card stock and colored the design with Copic markers.  After the design was colored I added some yellow glitter to the center of the Poinsettia.

At this point the layer was just a square and needed help.  There was a lot of empty space in the two right hand corners so I took a chance and used a Martha Stewart snowflake punch to remove some of that space on both corners.  It still needed a little something more but the square was a little too big to add another layer of gold card stock under the design so I took a Gold Leaf Pen and edged all four sides.  In real life it really added the right finishing touch.

A Cuttlebug border folder was used to emboss the bottom edge of the card.

Thank you for stopping by!  Your comments are always welcome................I love hearing from you!

(Supplies you can purchase from me at a discount for this card:
Penny Black Stamp, Copic Markers, Glitter, Gold Leafing Pen )

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Another beautiful card! Thanks for providing so much inspiration!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, Vicki, this is such a beautiful Christmas card!! Love the embossing and that amazing image!! TFS! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Marge said...

GORGEOUS Christmas card, Vicki!!!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! I love the embossing at the bottom! A great layout, too!

Sheri said...

You have done some amazing Christmas cards. Love this one. Simply gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

How do you do that gold edging with such a steady hand? ~Connie

Anonymous said...

using the punch in the corners added just the right touch
~Pat

Lynette said...

Vicki - I love this card, and your other Christmas cards, too!!

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...