Thursday, November 3, 2011

PENNY BLACK - Snowflake and Holly - #2

Using the same stamp as yesterday's card, I stamped it onto off white card stock and colored it with Copic markers.  I sponged Ranger Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy around the design and heavier onto the area with the snowflake.  After cutting and embossing it with the largest Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Oval, I added the Red Stickles.

The card base is SU Real Red and was embossed with the SU embossing folder.  Before attaching the stamped layer to the card base I wanted to set off the layer a little more since I wasn't able to cut a larger area for underneath.  I took the Distress ink pad and added a little bit heavier ink to the scalloped edges although I doubt it shows up very well if at all in the picture.

Thank you for stopping by!  Your comment are always welcome...........I love hearing from you!

Supplies for this card which you can order from me:
Penny Black stamp, Spellbinders Ovals, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Copic markers, Distress Ink and Stickles.

6 comments:

Joanne said...

Both of these cards are absolutely GORGEOUS! The way you designed the cards really created a wonderful focal point for your beautifully colored image!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Vickie! I love the snowflake image you added! Such great texture!

Barbara said...

Another stunning card, Vicki! I really like that stamp and it looks great on red as well as white.

Harriet Skelly said...

Another gorgeous card with that image! I love the red embossed background!

Sheri said...

Yeah! What Joanne said :) Beautiful card. I really like that embossing folder

Anonymous said...

amazing how different the stamp looks on this second card. quite lovely
~Pat

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...