Sunday, November 13, 2011

THANKSGIVING CARD

Last night when we went to church, the sermon was about using our talents to help others.  I'm not one that volunteers out of the home but I realized that maybe my "talent" of making cards could be a way that I could help others remember that they are being thought of during the holidays.  We live in a small community and I know of people from here who are in care centers or friends of my mother who are in the same center where she will be living.  Today I spent time making several versions of Thanksgiving cards to send to them and will be posting them to appear over the next few days.

Over the next couple of weeks or so I am going to be very occupied with helping my 89 year old mother move into the Independent Living Center so I am not going to have much time if any to be making or posting new items.  Please continue to check back for when I can start posting more items again following these Thanksgiving cards.

Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Very pretty. Good luck getting your mom all settled and moved in. I hope your weather holds until well after she is settled.

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful outreach for you and the receivers of your cards. you are so talented making your cards and they make a wonderful "share your talents"
~Pat

Ann Schach said...

What a gorgeous turkey image, Vicki! The texture is lovely and the leafy paper is a perfect choice!

One of the cards made on  this  vi.deo used this stamp from the Flowing Flowers set.  This isn't a two-step design and I wasn't sure...