Saturday, November 5, 2011

YULETIDE BLESSINGS

I have to say that I really like today's card.  It was a challenge to get it finished so I'm not sure I'll be making large quantities of this one.

The card base is SU Real Red card stock.  The Gina K stamp was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on off white card stock and then colored with Copic markers.  The sentiment is from a stamp set designed by Joanna Munster "Christmas Cheer" which I won on her blog.  (Be sure to check out her blog:  Inspired by Stamping.   You will find a lot of wonderful ideas for cards and see several stamp sets which she has designed and is selling.)  The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark ink and then heat embossed with Egyptian Gold embossing powder.

There was just something missing to give it the pizzaz that was needed to make it more special.  I went over the oval frame and the outside rectangle frame with my VersaMark marker and again heat embossed those areas with the Egyptian Gold embossing powder.  I think the finished project turned out nice.

Thank you for stopping by!  Your comments are always welcome...............I love hearing from you!

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

This is so pretty, Vicki! It is such a classic design! Gorgeous coloring! Your cards are always so classy and elegant!

Sheri said...

Another beauty! Love the gold embossing and your coloring is perfect!

Lynette said...

Wow, Vicki - your coloring is awesome! And you're right - the gold sparkle was just what it needed. Beautiful card!!

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...