Tuesday, March 20, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRIS!

My friend, Kris, is celebrating her birthday today.   This is the card I sent to her.  The flower design is from Hero Arts and was colored with Copic markers.  The sentiment is from The Stamp Barn (a Canadian company).  I love the font on the sentiment.

After stamping and coloring, my thoughts went to what am I going to use for background paper.  Instead of choosing background paper first, I was afraid I would have a hard time finding something that would coordinate with the colors of the flowers.  The one I chose is from a Basic Grey "Out of Print"  6 x 6 paper pad. The dp is a "busy" pattern but picked up the colors just right.

This Hero Arts stamp is available to be ordered and at a discount, so if you are interested, just let me know.

Thank you for stopping by!  Comments are always welcome!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

I agree, Vicki - pretty font! Great card, too.

Joanne said...

What a Beautiful card! And your BG paper matches all the colors. Love that saying, too.

About your cone flower card....that is one of my all time favorite flowers too...and I need to get mine out again also! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sheri said...

That is one of my very favorite card of all time of your. Love the font as well.

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...