Wednesday, July 11, 2012

BLACK, RED AND WHITE


The last time I was in Des Moines, I made a very quick stop at Hobby Lobby.  I had a 40% off coupon which was itching to be used.  It didn't take me long to find more than one stamp though that I "had to have".  This is one of them.  The stamp is from Stampendous - P107 Agapanthus Cluster.  (I think the design is much prettier than the name.)

I wasn't sure what ink I was going to use but decided I was in the mood to make a black and white card with a touch of red.  I stamped the design with VersaFine Onyx Black ink.  In fact, I stamped it off onto more than one piece of white card stock.  The ink took completely different on the two pieces.  The piece I used on this card is very vivid even if it may not show up that way on the picture.

The stamped image was trimmed down and then mounted onto pieces of red and black papers from a 6 x 6 paper pad (KaiserCraft "Shaken Not Stirred" Collection).  When I added the layers to the front of the card it looked terribly plain, but I found a bright red butterfly in my collection and it seemed to finish the front just right.

When I started thinking about how I wanted to do the card it was my intention to use a strip of red which had been die cut with the Spellbinders Grand 12" Classic Lace Border but that didn't work out so I trimmed it to the appropriate size and used it on the inside of the card instead.  I rarely take the time to decorate the inside but I didn't want to waste the piece.

So, tell me what you think of the finished project.  Thanks for taking the time to stop by!



1 comment:

Mehrll said...

Love this card, but then I really like all of your cards. They are my favorites. They seem to fit my taste. Thanks for sharing.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...