Tuesday, July 3, 2012

INSPIRED BY GINA K

If you haven't ever watched Gina K's videos, you are really missing some great ideas.  I found a card she made very similar to this and loved the look of simply stamping an outline image and leaving it at that.  I made two cards like that using this image.  After stamping it and trimming the image, I scored a single line 1/8" from each of the edges.

For a third card I stamped an extra butterfly and the lower flower - cut out the one wing and the center of the flower.  The flower center was simply popped with a foam dot.  For the butterfly, I ran a narrow line of Diamond Glaze along the lower edge of the wing but put a foam dot just above that so the wing would give dimension.

The image and sentiment were stamped with SU Cherry Cobbler ink.  Papers are  SU Cherry Cobbler, PTI Off White and Kraft.

I really like the look of just stamping an outline image like this.  What do you think?  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Is this a Gina K image Vicki? I love it, and I like the simple outline. You made it all come together so nicely!

Sheri said...

So simple but so pretty! Love GinaK videos

Anonymous said...

I love the simplicity of this card. so pretty
~Pat~

Anonymous said...

I think it looks neat. Will have to check out her site. Simplicity is always the best. Thanks!
- Connie

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...