Friday, August 17, 2012

A BIRTHDAY AND AN ANNIVERSARY

Today I am going to give you two cards because there are two special occasions to honor....
 
 
Our oldest granddaughter is turning 14 today!  It can't be true!!!!  She is studying for her driver's permit.  I pray she realizes what a responsibility she will be given once she is allowed to be behind the wheel of a vehicle.  Grandpa and Grandma will have a new worry.
 
A few days ago I posted a picture of the Flip Flop pieces we made for Allissa to use as invitations.  Well, I decided to carry through with that idea and made one to use as our birthday card for her so I won't post that one.  However, my mother-in-law had requested one of my cards for Allissa.  The card base was run through the Cuttlebug with a Happy Birthday embossing folder.  I stamped the image and colored the image with Copic markers using yellow and orange.  I chose those colors because the little ribbon tabs were left over from the invitations we made.  I think she'll recognize the ribbon used on the card.
 
 
This second card is for one of my friends from the Yahoo Group of ladies who get together every June.  Ron and Kris are celebrating their 44th Anniversary today and I wanted to be sure to wish them many more.  The paper on this card is some I bought in Des Moines this past June.  I wish I had bought more.  

I cut a piece 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches to cover the front of the card.  The paper is double sided so I used the striped side to add a strip down the middle.  I had also picked out a solid color of card stock which picked up the color in the flowers.  I used a little SU embosser to make the pretty oval shape and then cut it out using an SU die.  I added white dots to the embossed dots using my gel pen.  
 
The SU oval punch is just the right size to punch a shape to fit into the embossed  oval.  I had thought about using a white piece of card stock and then stamping a design on it.  Then I discovered that the oval punch was able to pick up just the right amount of the flower design.  I made three other cards using this paper but each one is different.  This one is my favorite.

Thank you for stopping by today.  Hope you come back again soon. 

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Cute card for Allissa, Vicki. That's cool you used the same ribbon. And the card for Kris is very beautiful - awesome paper. Love the frame, too.

Sheri said...

Both cards are very cool. The one for Alissa is so cute and the one for Kris and Ron is so elegant.

Anonymous said...

what a great idea for your granddaughter's birthay card. hope you will be able to post it after she opoens it. the flower card is another of those that you that i like so. pretty and soft in appearance. as always - beautiful work as always
~Pat~

Ann Schach said...

Cute birthday card for your granddaughter. They grow up so quickly, don't they. The paper on the second card is absolutely stunning! WOW! Great cards, Vicki!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...