Monday, August 20, 2012

"ARTIST'S CHOICE" SWAP CARD


Last week our group had a card swap where we could send anything of our choice.  This was a card that had been made completely from card pieces that I had in a plastic bag.  All of the pieces came from a discontinued Making Memories 6 x 6 paper pad.  It was basically a very simple layout but I had two small pieces of the solid orange and striped orange paper so decided to trim them as shown and tuck them in to the design as well.

I love using 6 x 6 paper pads because of the coordinating colors and patterns.  I still have full sheets from this pad that I need to use so eventually you may see something more made with these papers.  Too many things to use and so little time.

Your comments are always appreciated so let me know what you think.  Thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Very cool card and it's great to use up scraps. And I sure agree with your last statement about not not enough time to use up what we have!!

Harriet Skelly said...

These papers and colors are so pretty and cheerful!

Sheri said...

How very pretty!

Anonymous said...

love the colors in the center of the flower. great card
~Pat~

Ann Schach said...

I love this, Vicki! It's a great layout. Plus, the colors would brighten anyone's day!

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...