Friday, August 10, 2012

BABY WIPE TECHNIQUE


A few weeks ago I took part in a card swap where we were to try the "Baby Wipe" technique.  This involved putting several drops of coordinating colors onto a baby wipe, pressing our stamp into the inks and then stamping it onto card stock.  I think it makes a fun presentation.  I did several of them and I still had this piece left over so I pulled it from my card pieces.  It was cut out using a Spellbinders Classic Oval die and then attached to a SU Melon Mambo piece which had been cut using the Spellbinders Scalloped Oval die. 

The card base was one I found in my card pieces and thought it made a nice background for the design.  This was a quick and easy card to make.   If you are interested in trying the Baby Wipe Technique, you can find videos on YouTube that will show how to do it.  Very easy and fun!

Thank you for stopping by!  Your comments are always welcome.


4 comments:

Lynette said...

Such a cool technique and a very pretty card, Vicki!

Sheri said...

Very pretty! Mine always ended up muddy but you perfected this technique.

Anonymous said...

I love this technique. I have done it several times at the classes I teach. Pretty card, Kris

Joanne said...

This is a beautiful color combo, and it's perfect for the stamp you used! WELL done!!!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...