Monday, August 6, 2012

TWO CARDINALS


We have bird feeders outside our living room bow window and have been collecting quite a little "zoo".  We have three squirrels, three bunnies, Cardinals, Blue Jays, Gold Finch (finally) along with several other types of birds that come now and then.  Naturally the colorful birds are my favorite. 

I saw this stamp at Archivers in Des Moines this past June and decided it would be a simple design to work onto a card.  I stamped the design using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then simply added a little red to the two birds with a Copic marker.

The layers were made using SU Black and SU Real Red card stock.  To the right you can see a second card I made at the same time with a different look to it. For this second one I just added an embossed border at the bottom of the card using a Cuttlebug border folder.  Lately when I make a card, I try to make two of the same thing to be a little more efficient with my time.  It helps to build a supply of cards for those last minute requests I sometimes get.

Your comments are always appreciated!  Thank you so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

That is a fabulous stamp, Vicki, and you made two wonderful cards with it. I do love how easy it is to use - very little coloring, just that little "splash" of red. Awesome!

Harriet Skelly said...

I love the touch of red on the cardinals! Lovely CAS design!

Anonymous said...

like the black with the bright splash of color. great card
~Pat~

Anonymous said...

I just love your work and I love cardinals!!What company makes this stamp and where can I buy it?? Love Tina

A great way to use up sheets of your designer series papers is to do One Sheet Wonder patterns.  This one was a little different because you...