Wednesday, January 30, 2013

ANOTHER BIRD

A Yahoo group that I belong to had a card swap this month and we were to use Burgundy and Forest Green.  My "burgundy" is actually Elegant Eggplant but it is as close as I could come to the color we were to use.

I used a "tree" embossing folder from Craft Concepts since it went so well with a "bird" focal point.   The label was cut and embossed using a Spellbinders die.  While the label was still in the die, I lightly sponged Elegant Eggplant ink on the background.  The flowers and bird were stamped using an SU set called "Language of Friendship".  I have punches that coordinate with those designs.

Thanks for stopping by!  Please come back again soon.

1 comment:

Ann Schach said...

Such a rich looking card, Vicki! I love the color combination. Elegant Eggplant is a beautiful color. You have inspired me to use it more often.

A few days ago I watched a video from  Karen Titus  using 1" squares.  I thought it would be fun to pull out some scraps from one of my...