Sunday, March 17, 2013

EASTER EGGS


Today is St. Patrick's Day, but I didn't make any cards for this holiday, so the best I could do was to post this one which does have a lot of green......although not Irish Green.
 
I haven't decided as yet whether Pinterest is a good thing or a bad thing. I just know that I find myself spending way too much time there.  But that is where I found the idea for this card.  It's a great way to use some coordinating papers from paper pads - especially if you have some small scraps of the papers. 
 
First  I punched two pieces of "grass" on a scrap piece of the green paper that I had run through the Cuttlebug but didn't use for the orignal project.  Then I found coordinating papers from the Basic Grey "Lily Kate" pad.  The eggs were cut using one of the dies from the Spellbinders Nested Eggs set. The butterfly is from a Martha Stewart punch.  The sentiment is from a Penny Black "Spring Day" clear stamp set.
 
There are a lot of different "egg" dies out there so if you have one, pull out some of your coordinating papers and see what you can create. 
 
Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

This is such a cool card. Love how the eggs coordinate. Great Easter card :)

Lynette said...

Pretty papers and a great card, Vicki!

Harriet Skelly said...

Love those papers for the Easter eggs! I spend a lot of time on Pinterest as well!

Anonymous said...

Great Card Vicki! Love the colors together. Ginny Larsen

Joanne said...

LOVE this card! The coordinating papers are also so ELEGANT, and your arrangement on the card is beautiful!

Ann Schach said...

What a cute card, Vicki! I love the combination of colors and patterns! The grass is the perfect touch!

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...