Tuesday, March 12, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALLISON!


My niece, Allison, is celebrating her birthday today.  I decided to try making a really "happy" card.  First of all I cut some clouds with a PTI die and attached them to the top layer using temporary tape.  With the clouds in place, I sponged blue ink over the top 2/3 and gren over the bottom 1/3. 
 
The cloud die cut pieces were removed and a tiny Happy Birthday stamped inside one of them.  Flowers and buttons were then added.  To send the card I added some foam material from a package so that the buttons wouldn't punch through the envelope.  I also had the postmaster hand cancel the postage.
 
Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Vicki this is just so cute. I love your color choice. I never thought to use those clouds like that. Great idea!

Lynette said...

Pretty card, Vicki - love the clouds. Love the flowers, too. I bet Allison will love her special card.

Annie said...

What a cool way to make clouds!! This is such a sweet card, I'm sure she will love it!

A few days ago I watched a video from  Karen Titus  using 1" squares.  I thought it would be fun to pull out some scraps from one of my...