Wednesday, March 20, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRIS!


Today I am wishing a very Happy Birthday to my friend Kris.  Kris is a member of a Yahoo Group of ladies who also meet once a year in June.  This is the card I sent her for her birthday and there is a little story that goes along with it.

I've been spending a lot of time surfing around on Splitcoast Stampers and Pintrest.  I saw a card that was made with this SU stamp set but it had been retired.  I wrote a message on our group asking if anyone had it.  Kris had it!  I asked if she would be willing to bring it to Des Moines when we meet, or let me borrow it, or let me buy it.  Her answer was she wanted to SELL IT!!!  As luck would have it she wanted to buy some Penny Black stamps so we did a really nice swap of items.  What a way to do business!

The stamp set is called "Awash With Flowers".  First:  I stamped the black outline of the design on the white piece of card stock.  Second:  I stamped the solid petals with Daffodil Delight ink.  Then I decided to take it a step further.  I stamped the solid petals a second time on a piece of card stock, cut them out and attached them with foam dots.

This is a fun stamp set that I'll be using more.  In fact below is a second card I made for a friend of mine who just retired from her job with American Airlines.

No comments:

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...