Wednesday, March 6, 2013

SPELLBINDERS BACKGROUND DIE

 
 
This beautiful "Butterfly Magic" die from Spellbinders is about all you need on a card.  I ordered this die out of curiosity and am so glad I did.  I love butterfly designs and flowers so this was a natural for me to try.
 
The card base is just a light yellow card stock.  The design is cut on a cream colored card stock.  It was a little tricky attaching it to the front of the card since it is such an open design.  I decided to use Judi Kins Diamond Glaze but had to be very careful to just put small amounts on various portions of the design.  Then I had to carefully add it to the front of the card so it was place exactly where I wanted it.  I didn't want smears of Diamond Glaze showing up on the yellow base.
 
After I got to that point, I wasn't sure how to proceed.  It seemed like it needed something more so I put the question to my friends on our Yahoo Group.  One of the suggestions was to just put a piece like I did........which if I remember correctly it is called a fish tail tag??? 

I have a second background die with a different design that I am going to give a try very soon.  If you are interested in ordering one of these, let me know.

Just a note about the background dies:  I didn't realize this when I purchased them, but they are called Expandable Patterns..........which means that if you want to cover a larger area such as on a scrapbook page, more than one of these can be cut and they fit together kind of like a puzzle.  Mine was cut down slightly but I think you can tell that the design on the left side can be matched with the right side.  (Not sure I'm explaining this very clearly.)  The cut image measures 4 x 6 inches.
 
Thank you so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

That die IS beautiful, Vicki! I love the simplicity and elegance of your wonderful card.

Bonnie32002 said...

What a great idea! I have the fern pattern and have never been sure about how I would like to use it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sheri said...

WOW! I have not seen these before. What a beauty and you are showing it off perfectly!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous! This is indeed all that is needed on a card!

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...