Sunday, August 25, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JASON!


I won't normally be posting on Sundays, but one of our son-in-laws is celebrating his birthday today and I wanted to show the card I made for him.  He is a big hunter so naturally I wanted the card to reflect his interests. 

I started by taking a white piece of card stock that had already been cut to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  Baja Breeze ink was sponged on to nearly the entire piece for the sky.  The birch tree was added and then the dark colored grass.  I wanted the two deer to be between the two layers of grass. 

The birch tree and deer are Memory Box dies.  The grass was done with two colors of card stock and a Martha Stewart punch and the sentiment is from My Sentiments Exactly.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

What a great card for Jason! I love those birch trees - what a cool die!

Diane said...

Fabulous design, love the outdoor scene.

Regards diane

Joanne said...

This is such a PERFECT card for a man! Love the way you did the sky to separate it from the trees.....AND the deer being between the grasses.

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...