Wednesday, August 21, 2013

WEEK OF BUTTERFLIES - Day 3


Today I started by using an off white piece of card stock for a top fold A2 sized card and embossed it with a Cuttlebug folder with random raised dots.  I then cut the SU Baja Breeze striped dp at an angle and added it to the front of the card.
 
In a continued effort to use items that I have had and not used, I chose a Taylored Expressions stamp for today's card.  The image was stamped with Staz-On Jet Black ink on off white card stock.  Unfortunately none of the Spellbinders Classic Circle dies were exactly the right size so I had to cut out the design with a slightly bigger size which gave the look of an off white layer around it.  Before taking it out of the die I sponged Baja Breeze over the top of the image and Pear Pizzaz over the bottom of the image.  A second layer was then cut from Baja Breeze cardstock.  The image was added to the card using foam dots to give dimension.
 
When I use this image again, I would probably choose to heat emboss the image with black.  You might be able to see that a portion of the black circle is a little lighter and I think I would have had better luck by embossing it instead.
 
Thank you for coming by today.  Tomorrow is Day 4.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Another pretty one! I have a PTI set similar to this and have never used it. You inspire me! I need to get it out.

Joanne said...

The focal image looks AWESOME on the diagonal background papers. There is such a tiny difference in the black that I wouldn't give it another thought!!!

Lynette said...

Pretty stamp and pretty colors, Vicki! Great layout, too.

One of the cards made on  this  vi.deo used this stamp from the Flowing Flowers set.  This isn't a two-step design and I wasn't sure...