Thursday, August 22, 2013

WEEK OF BUTTERFLIES - Day 4


This card is pretty much a case of one I found in the Gallery of Taylored Expressions website.  Jodi Collins is the creator of the one I cased.
 
The card (a vertical top fold) was embossed with the Cuttlebug folder with random raised dots.  Close to Cocoa card stock was used to make the scalloped strip and then attached to the back side of the Calypso Coral dp layer.  This layer was then added to the lower portion of the card base.  I took my large corner rounder punch and shaped the lower two corners.
 
The stamped design is a smaller version of the stamp I used yesterday.  I didn't sponge the background on this one.  After I removed the cut circle from the die, I very carefully colored the white frame which was left as well as the butterfly with a Calypso Coral  marker.  The image was added to a die cut made from the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Motifs and popped on to the card with foam dots.
 
There is only one more day left so be sure to stop by tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Great colors and I love the die-cut frame for the circle!

Joanne said...

This is simply BEAUTIFUL!!!! The brown strip with the pearls adds so much to the wonderful die cut circle design!

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...