Friday, August 23, 2013


One of my goals lately has been to use things from my card parts as well as items that I have never used or rarely used.  I found a piece of glossy paper in my card parts that had been colored using alcohol inks.  I used Staz-On Jet Black ink to stamp this image from Stampendous. 
The image was then layered on an olive colored card stock that picked up a color from the inked background. (I don't think the green is from SU because it doesn't seem to match any that I have.) Then it was added onto a layer of black and then onto the card base which had been run through the Cuttlebug with a Stampin Up folder.
The butterfly was made with an SU punch.  Tiny pearls were added to the butterfly and to the centers of the solid black flowers.
Well, that concludes the week of butterflies.  You can be sure you'll be seeing more butterflies on cards in the future though. 

I hope you will return on Monday for a week featuring a new die I purchased.........I know I am supposed to be using items I already have but I couldn't resist this one.   Thanks for stopping by this week!!!


Joanne said...

This one is my absolute FAVORITE!!!! The back ground is GORGEOUS.....and it showcases the image and butterfly!

Lynette said...

Pretty background, Vicki! Way to use up your card parts! I'm still working on that. :)

Char said...

Have enjoyed viewing your week of butterflies even though I haven't posted a comment. This is very pretty!!! Love that stamp!! I have a stamp that is somewhat similar from Amuse. Just have to love Butterflies!!

Sheri said...

So pretty! Love the background and also that flower stamp.


I am in Des Moines this week with six of my friends who meet each year in June.  We will be spending a lot of time sharing our toys, sho...