Thursday, December 19, 2013

CHRISTMAS CARD FOR ANN

I became acquainted with Ann Schach (The Stampin' Schach) about 2 1/2 years ago I think when we both took a class from Michelle Zindorf.  We have stayed in touch and recently I signed up with Stampin' Up! with her.  One of the first sets I purchased as a demonstrator was the Joyful Christmas stamp set.  Originally I hadn't planned on getting it, but was seeing a few ideas for it and am really glad it was added to my original order.
 
 
This is the Christmas card I sent to Ann.  I made the flower and leaves by stamping the designs with VersaMark on vellum and then embossed it with white powder.  I sponged the SU Baja Breeze and I think Old Olive inks over the pieces and then trimmed them.  It is really easy to cut out the pieces when they have been heat embossed.  Tiny pearls were added to the center of the poinsettia.  (Ann is a great lover of pearls!)
 
The poinsettia was added to a piece of white card stock which I had spritzed with Baja Breze ink using the SU tool and the marker.  I stamped the sentiment and then mounted this piece onto a Baja Breeze mat.  I chose an embossing folder with random dots to use on the front of the card.  It seemed to tie in the sprited dots on the layer with the flower.  Rather than adding the layer straight on the front of the card, I like the way the layer was angled.
 
 
It's probably a little late for you to order this set to use for this year, but if you would like to consider it for next year, I'll be more than happy to order it for you. 
 
Thank you for stopping by!  Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!

4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Vicki! You are so sweet :) I can vouch for the fact that this is an absolutely gorgeous card! I love how you placed the panel at an angle. Of course, the pearls are the perfect touch!

Sheri said...

Gorgeous! Love the flower in blue. And the tilt is very cool as well. She has to love it :)

bonnie32002 said...

I know you are glad you got this set, it is lovely and you have certainly done justice to it!

Joanne said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...