Monday, March 24, 2014

SPRING TULIPS

 
 
 
Back to the SU Backyard Basics stamps set.  Spring weather can't really be too far away, can it?  We had two fairly nice days last week but now the temperature has dropped to a much cooler degree again.  Easter cards can be so fun to make after a long Winter because of the soft colors which are so often used for coloring flowers etc.
 
To begin I embossed the front of the white card base with the Stampin' Up!  tulip folder.  For this card I stamped, colored and die-cut five tulips.  I arranged the three tulips holding them in my fingers and then carefully added the two yellow tulips on top while still holding all of them together.  I rotated my hand so that I could add dots of Tombow Mono Adhesive Glue to the backs of all the pieces while they were still being held.  I wanted them all to intersect at a point. 
 
All 5 tulips were carefully added to the card.  Using a Spellbinders die I cut the sentiment after stamping it first on white card stock.
 
As you can tell from all of the cards using this basic design, tulips are probably my very favorite flower for Spring even though they don't last long outside with the typical windy days when the tulips are in bloom.  This set has made it so easy making a quantity of cards for the Independent Living Center.
 
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Sure love seeing your spring cards. It is 22 degrees here this morning with wind and feels like 13 degrees. Yuck!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...