Monday, April 21, 2014

HAPPY WATERCOLOR


Last week when I made the card for Friday, I also made four pieces using a stamp from the SU Happy Watercolor stamp set to add quickly to cards.  I colored the images with Copic markers, cut and embossed the layer with a Spellbinders die and then matted all of them with Certain Celery card stock which had been cut with the scalloped Spellbinders die. 

When I cut and embossed the layer with the flower design, there was a small black dot on the very edge of the white area.  I pulled out my go-to little butterfly.   I colored it and since I wanted to cut it out I colored out beyond the design so that when it was cut out there wouldn't be a white ridge around it.  The butterflies were added with a foam dot.  I layed them aside for later use but had time Saturday to finish them off.
 
So when I decided to add these pieces to a card base, I embossed a little over half of the front of these two with the Swiss Dots folder and added two scored lines along the edge.  The vertical Happy Birthday was then stamped on the right edge.
 
Thank you for coming by today!  I really do appreciate it when you take time to leave a comment or suggestions. 
 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Pretty! I like the little butterflies.

Marilyn Mathis said...

Love all your cards. Where do you get vertical sentiment stamps?

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!