Thursday, May 1, 2014

HAPPY MAY DAY!


The card base is white card stock.  I cut a second piece of white card stock 5 1/2" x 2 1/4" and ran it through the new Decorative Dots embossing folder.  Originally I wasn't going to buy it but then saw some cards using it and decided I like the look of it as a nice alternative to the Swiss Dots that I use so often.
 
Next I cut a piece of the flowered Watercolor Wonder paper (5 1/2" x 2 1/4") and added it to the bottom half of the card.  (I love this piece of the dp)  To cover the area where the two strips met, I added a piece of white ribbon.  The flowers were stamped with one of the designs from the Morning Meadow stamp set and then cut out with the Pansy punch.  The colors used on this were Island Indigo and Pear Pizzaz. 
 
If you like the items that I use from Stampin' Up! and would like me to order them for you, just me know.  And don't hesitate to ask questions.
 
Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Love those two colors and the embossing folder. What a pretty card.

Sheri said...

Those colors are so pretty together. Nice card!

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...