Thursday, June 12, 2014

FOR OUR FRIENDS


We just learned that some friends of ours had celebrated their 65th Wedding Anniversary over the weekend.  I didn't have any "Anniversary Cards" already made but had just finished this one yesterday.  I decided that the main thing was to let them know we were thinking of them and sending our congratulations.
 
I saw a card on Pinterest that had used this basic design and colors. The top layer measures 5 1/4" x 4".  The flowers were stamped using the Blended Bloosom (large stamp) and one of the flowers from Bloom with Hope.  I colored them with the new SU Blendabilities.  
 
The next thing I did was to die cut a partial circle on the right side of the layer.  I'm not sure if the card I saw had the flowered layer popped or not but I wanted to give it a little dimension for the punched heart.  The heart was punched from white card stock but then colored with the same Blendabilities marker.  The butterflies were also punched from white cs and then colored with the Daffodil Delight  (medium) to match the large flower.  A very tiny pearl was the finishing touch to the butterflies and the heart.
 
To see the original card that I cased you can see it here.  I didn't have the colored twine and had popped the layer onto the card before I thought to add any kind of sentiment..........so that explains the butterflies to fill in.
 
Thank you so much for stopping by!  If you have a moment, let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty Vicki!

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...