Thursday, June 5, 2014

PLAYING WITH SU BLENDABILITIES

I have been coloring with Copic alcohol markers for quite a while now.  When I saw that Stampin' Up! was coming out with an alcohol marker, I wasn't sure about whether I would purchase them. 

1.  I already had all of the Copic CIAO markers and a lot of the sketch markers.
2.  I also had all of the SU regular markers
3.  I aso had a lot of other markers

How many markers does a person need?  Of course as soon as the opportunity came up that I could pre-order them, guess what I did.  I ordered five different colors.

The three pictures below also show the *NEW* Blended Blossom stamp which is a great design on which to practice. (wood mount only)

 
Rich Razzleberry (Dark, Medium and Light)

 
Daffodil Delight (Dark, Medium and Light)
Brown portion of center was colored with Copic Marker E33

 
Coastal Cabana (Dark, Medium and Light)
 
 
Cherry Cobbler (Dark, Medium and Light)
and
Daffodil Delight (Dark, Medium and Light)
 
Each color comes in a set of 3 shades.  The other color I ordered is Old Olive.  They were very easy to use and blend.
 
The three flowers shown here were colored and then cut out.  I placed them on a piece of white card stock for the photo.  When I colored them I colored outside the line on the edges so that when I cut them out there would be no white edge.  I may go back and trim a little closer now.
 
So what do you think?  Are they something you would eventually like to try?  Come back tomorrow and I'll show you a card I created with a new stamp set and colored with the Blendabilities.
 
I have enjoyed doing this blog page but sometimes get discouraged because I'm not sure if anyone out there is looking or wanting to see what I have been doing.  I'd love to have you take a moment to leave a comment now and then so I know.  Thanks for stopping in today!
 
 

5 comments:

Marilyn Mathis said...

I am subscribed to your blog and faithfully check what you post. I collect a lot of your cards for future examples of ideas to follow. You make the kinds of cards that I like and can make without too many flourishes. I am new at this but have started a blog that I hope someday to be a help to others. I am in a cardmaking group that has helped me. Two of my cards were put on Ignacio Molina's blog as examples of how to use his digis. Sorry that I don't comment often but I really like your type cards and use them to help me in my efforts.
Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

Love your work. Each email I get from you I open and try to copy since they are so beautiful, just don’t have the time. Keep the beautiful work coming. Even if I don’t have time to try I like to look and enjoy your work.

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki…… I am sorry that you think that no one is reading or wanting to see what you do….. I look at your “stuff” religiously…. Every night…. And I thank you…. Have gotten some good ideas and do enjoy what you do…..



I’m glad you did this article on Stampin Up’s alcohol markers…………… when I initially read about them, I thought “ I DO NOT need any more markers” I feel as though I own every marker anyone has ever made…. I have almost all the Copic Sketch markers….I have double sets of both fine and extra fine sharpies….. I have every color imaginable in Tombo markers and Marvy brush markers…. And the list goes one…. BUT I sort of like what you demonstrated below….. the colors are sold in sets of three – dark, medium and light…. And golly gee, it looks like I just might have to have a few of those sets TOO… I am an acknowledged addict…..

Thanks for sharing your talents with us…. We really appreciate it, even though we don’t tell you.

Martha

Anonymous said...

I am sorry I have not commented before, but I look forward to your email each day. I love your work. The blending of the colours in the blossom are wonderful. I too have most of the copics but may consider ordering these too. Can they be ordered on line as I don't know of any SU demonstrator in my area in Canada? Keep showing us your good work!
Tina Kelly

Sandy said...

Vicki, I do visit your blog almost daily with my morning coffee. I'm sorry I don't often comment...but please know that I do appreciate the effort that goes into your cards and keeping up a blog. As you may not know I have stop posting to my blog, it just got to be too much for me.
Thanks again for sharing your creative talents with us.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...