Monday, July 21, 2014

A GUY'S BIRTHDAY CARD


Last Thursday my Mother-in-Law called and said she needed a birthday card for her Son-in-Law's birthday........which was the next day!!!!  And when we mail things to them it takes two days!!!  Needless to say this was going to be late.  I was busy at the time so didn't actually make it until Friday and it went out on Saturday.........he should hopefully get it tomorrow. 
 
The stamp set I decided to use was the Stampin' Up! Wetlands which I had received as a gift.  I had liked the cards I was seeing made with it, but being under pressure to get one done quickly, I turned to Pinterest.....again.  Thank you to All Things Stampy for the great idea.
 
I saw a card like this.  To get the image, I had to stamp the goose first with Soft Suede ink and then mask it.  I wanted the wheat to be lighter appearing to be behind the goose so I stamped off the wheat twice first and then onto the image.  The image was then cut out using a Spellbinders Classic Circle die.
 
I stamped the sentiment and then trimmed the piece to a rectangular shape.  I did the ends of the piece by slipping the ends into the SU Hexagon punch and then mounted it onto the layer with foam dots.  The main difference in my card is that I edged the circle with the image and the sentiment piece with the Soft Suede ink using a sponge.
 
The entire ivory layer was then added to the front of the Soft Suede card base.
 
I hope my cased card has given you an idea for your own cards.  Thank you so much for stopping by today! 

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Great ideas, Vicki. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy said...

Vicki,
You have definitely inspired me! This card is perfect for a "guy card" I'm going to need for mid August. Thanks

Helen said...

Being CASEd is the highest honour you can bestow on a stamper - thanks for the mention! (And, as you know, I CASEd it in the first place - but that's what happens to great designs!)

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...