Tuesday, July 1, 2014

CHRISTMAS IN JULY

I don't usually make Christmas cards at this time of year but the card kit that Kris gave us in Des Moines (pictured last week) gave me the idea for these two cards.
 
 
I added gems to the wreath on this card.

 
The sparkle on this cards is Ice Stickles "Crystal Ice"

The card stock is Stampin' Up! Garden Green (solid and dp).  The wreath is from Memory Box.  The "Merry" and "Peace" words were made with Paper Trey dies.  I decided to use the Stickles for sparkle on the second card because it would survive the mail better.....not poking through the envelope.  When I use gems or pearls I always add a pad over the top of them or an extra piece of heavy card stock.
 
So does this give you any ideas for your cards?  I'd love to hear from you!   Thank  you for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Great Christmas cards, Vicki! Love those dies.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...