Wednesday, July 30, 2014

THANK YOU, LYNETTE!


While our Yahoo Group of Gals gathered in Des Moines, Lynette gave each one of us a brass stencil with this design.  I noticed that she had posted a picture on her blog of a step card she made using this stencil.  (Glitter Rose)
 
1.  I removed the paper from one side of double-sided sticky paper and adhered it to a piece of white card stock and trimmed it.

2.  I rubbed the back side of the rose stencil really well with soap and then put it onto the other side of the double-sided sticky paper. 
 
(I used a Handmade Hawaiian Coconut Soap which I had purchased from Dreamweaver Stencils.  I was told that ordinary soap doesn't work as well but I've never tried it so I don't know if you could use it or not.)
 
3.  I masked the edges of the stencil with post-it notes.
 
4.  Using a small "baby spoon" I added the blue glitter and shook it off. Then I added the green glitter and shook it off.
 
5.  Very carefully I removed the post-it notes and then using the final one as a hinge, I lifted the stencil off of the paper.
 
6.  White or clear glitter is then added over the entire piece and trimmed if necessary.
 
The blue glitter went very well with the SU Blue Bayou card stock so I mounted the glittered piece onto a mat of that paper.  This card was made about 2 weeks ago so I'm not really sure why I chose a different blue card stock for the card base, but that's what I did.  A white piece 4" x 5 1/4" was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and added the card base after a piece of satin ribbon was attached around the center and finally the glittered rose was added with foam squares.
 
Thanks for stopping by.........and thank you, Lynette for the great stencil!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

So pretty, Vicki. I love using glitter this way - I just don't do it often enough! (And, you're welcome.)

Unknown said...

The Hawaiian soap does work, unlike any other bar soap! a tried and true experienced user.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...