Friday, February 12, 2016

VALENTINES #8 & #9


Card #8


Card #9

I remembered that I had purchased some Mrs. Grossman "Rose" stickers several years ago so  added them to the supplies we used.  I had 25 roses so that helped make a lot of cards like #9.  I had made #8 first but then decided I really liked it with a larger white area, a narrower red frame and then onto the white card base.

We also made 17 cards using some white heart shaped doilies that I had been hoarding for too many years.  I forgot to take a picture of that style.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing these cards. I really appreciated the help I got from my friend.  I don't think I could have gotten 97 cards put together and stamped all in one day by myself.  The activity directors were both so appreciative of our efforts.  Today where my mother lives, they are handing out roses to each of the residents and one of our cards that will be from the staff.  The other cards will be handed out to the residents at the nursing home where my husband's mother lives.  It's a small way to help brighten the day of so many people.

My friend and I were able to accomplish all of this in less than 5 hours because we even took a short break for lunch.  When we finished we realized that we would have to get busy thinking about 97 more cards for Easter!!!!  

Thank you for following my blog this week.  Next week I hope to be moving on to something new again.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

They are both beautiful, Vicki! I love those dies. Normally, I'm a "white space" person, but I do think I like the first one a tiny bit better! (But, tomorrow I might choose the second one. LOL!)

Sandy said...

You've produced some lovely cards Vicki. What a wonderful thing you're doing by giving so that all the residents of both those homes will have a special treat on Valentines Day. Good on you!!!

Anonymous said...

Love #9

Since this pack of dsp was still on my table, I decided to try another layout that was something I don't think I had done before.  Once ...