Tuesday, March 15, 2016

TWO CARDS TODAY

Yesterday slipped by me without getting something posted.  I had two granddaughters here Sunday into Monday morning.  So I had to get them off to school but school started two hours late due to dense fog.  Then it was only a short time until I had to get ready to pick up my husband and two daughters from the airport.  They had gone to Las Vegas to watch former high school baseball players play in a 50+ tournament.

These young men had been a team that had been part of winning 20 State High School Baseball tournaments.  Coming from a town of a little less than 600 citizens that is quite an accomplishment.  They had not played in any games for two years and practiced a few times before going to Las Vegas.  Coming from Iowa the time for playing baseball iss much shorter than those who come from the warmer states.  They played against teams that play every weekend and some over 100 games a year!  I can't even express the pride that we feel in "our" team. They still have the "fire in their belly".  They fought through their body pains and WON THE TOURNAMENT!!!  I think they shocked a lot of people out there.  I just had to brag about the great young men who came out of our small community.

Now onto a couple of cards.............



This is a very simple card.  I have had these note cards from Hero Arts for a very long time.  I love the color and thought it would make a pretty card for Spring (which is just around the corner).  The die cut is a gorgeous Memory Box die "Fairhaven Oval Frame".  The open area could be left as is but a small sentiment could also be added.


This is a card I made for a card swap.  The floral design is a new one from Penny Black.  There is a stamp and a coordinating die (Playful stamp 30-347 and Playful II die 51-205).  "Happy Birthday" is from Whimsy Stamps.  The embossed border is from Stampin' Up.

I have  Easter cards to make yet for my grandchildren so will hopefully have one to post tomorrow.  Thank you for stopping by today!!!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Congrats to the ball team! I love your cards, Vicki! You have the prettiest dies!

Anonymous said...

These are both just great

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...