Tuesday, August 23, 2016

DISTRESSED BENSON CORNER Die


When I attended business school many years ago, there weren't dormitories available so I stayed with three other girls in a rented apartment.   My boyfriend (now husband) introduced one of his cousins to one of my roommates.  They dated and married a year later.  They celebrated their 50th Anniversary this past Sunday.  I was so glad that we were able to go because as it turned out, I was her only bridal attendant who came.  We were introduced to everyone and Jo told the story of how she and Dave met through us.  It was a fun celebration!



This card was made using the same die cut but I noticed a smudge of some kind on the lower right edge - something that couldn't be covered up easily so I trimmed the piece trying to keep a similar margin around the design.  I like the die cut piece better if it doesn't have to be trimmed, but I think this will work as a masculine card because of the color of dp and ink used.


This is another example of a "goof" underneath that I had to cover.  Part of the sentiment had not stamped.  Since it was a wood mounted stamp I couldn't stamp over it a second time so I stamped again on a separate piece of card stock and then used an SU oval punch to cut it out.  I edged it with an ink that went well with the color of the dp.  Some days I feel that my "goofs" are my specialty.


And one last example of a way I used the Memory Box die.  There was ample room to use this very pretty Memory Box butterfly.

It isn't often I share more than one card on the same day, but today you are getting 4 examples of how I used this great design.

Thank you for coming by today!




I

1 comment:

Lynette said...

They are all so pretty, Vicki! That's funny that you say that "goofs" are your specialty sometimes:) I think we all deal with that!

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...