Monday, September 12, 2016

PENNY BLACK - Beneath the Birches


I had just received this set in an order and decided to put this card together for a card swap.
Before sponging the sky, I cut a Post-It circle to mask an area for the sun.   Using the sponge I swirled Stampin' Up! Not Quite Navy ink all over a potion of the card front.  SU Daffodil Delight ink was then sponged around in the area for the sun.  The white landscape piece was cut using a die from an Obsession Impression die set.

The deer and birch trees are from the Penny Black die set.  I sponged SU Soft Suede ink lightly on the trees.  By adding more layers of the Soft Suede ink on the deer I was able to get a nice solid color.  When I was finished adding the pieces to the card, I realized I had planned on adding Ice Stickles to the top edge of the landscape so that was added as the last step.  I also put a dot of the Stickles on the tip of my finger and then dabbed some of it around on the white portion.  Sadly that doesn't show up on the picture.

With a couple of hunters in the family, I have no doubt I'll be making addition cards for them with this set.

Thank you for stopping by today!


No comments:

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!