Friday, November 4, 2016

LILIES OF THE VALLEY


Today's card is a break from all the fall leaves I have been posting.  About a month ago I found some new dies from a company I had not heard of before.  This die cut is a Tutti design.  I have always loved the delicate Lilies of the Valley and remember the old cologne by that name (maybe they still make it).

I cut the piece out with white card stock.  Before removing it from the die I  sponged some green ink through the opening on the leaves.  I used a Copic marker to very carefully color the flowers.  I really like this piece!

Since I had added "Stick It" to the back of the card stock before cutting it out, it was very easy to adhere it to the white layer which had been embossed with a random dots folder.  I then matted it with SU Blushing Bride card stock which went well with the pink color I had chosen for the flowers.

We heard of a lady who is celebrating her 90th Birthday soon and I think I will use this card for her.

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I like lilies of the valley, too. Such delicate flowers, and a pretty card.

bonnie32002 said...

I never get tired of leaf cards but this is so pretty! Love what you did by using the marker. I've never heard of that company either; are they more economical?

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...