Thursday, October 19, 2017

BIRTHDAY CARD FOR THE GUYS


I was running errands yesterday and saw some really beautiful trees with the colorful leaves.  I have several sets of dies for leaves but I think this one is my favorite.

The basic idea for this came from someone else's card but I made it my own by making some changes .  Instead of using a designer paper, I embossed a piece of Stampin' Up! Close to Cocoa card stock with a folder of trees.  I cut a Maple Leaf and an Oak Leaf from a set of Prima Dies "Forest Leaves".   I also used my own sentiment and sponged the edges of the piece.  

My mother asked me to make a card for my husband's birthday which will be in a few days.  Hopefully these are the only leaves he'll have to deal with since we don't have any trees of our own in our yard.  

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Great card for a guy. I'm sure Gary will love it. What a nice die.

bonnie32002 said...

I agree with Lynette, this is a great card for a guy and happy birthday to your husband!

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...