Monday, October 16, 2017

PENNY BLACK - "Bee"utiful Day


We were gone for a few days and I didn't have anything scheduled for today.  Earlier a friend returned some stamps she had borrowed.  I decided to make use of three of them before I put them away.  Penny Black has so many cute stamps and I don't use them nearly enough.

My first step was to cut a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of cardstock.  Using my MISTI I stamped the Rubbernecker Freehand Frame.  By using the MISTI I was able to get it centered exactly where I wanted it.

I then stamped the three Penny Black designs with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them with Copic markers.  I am going to add glitter to the wings of the bee but wanted to get this posted right away.  

Confession:  I actually did another card first and stamped the frame right on the front of the card base making two mistakes.  Because I stamped them with VersaFine Onyx Black ink, I was unable to color with Copic markers because they would bleed through the card base AND Copic markers would smeer the VersaFind ink.  I'm not happy with that card..

Thank you for coming by to see today's post!

2 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

At first look I thought you doodled the frame and then I read that this is actually a frame stamp. You shouldn't have told me, I woulda believed you lol! Love the cute images and yes, been there with the VersaFine ink!

Lynette said...

I love this card, Vicki! Great coloring and placement of the stamps, and I really like that frame.

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...