Tuesday, October 24, 2017

QUICK AND EASY


I didn't have anything made in advance for today so I decided to do a one-layer CAS card.  I ran across the picture of a card I had seen a long time ago on Pinterest.  This is my "take" on it.

Rather than use a rectangle shape for the background, I cut an oval into a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of white card stock.  I used the negative portion of it for a mask to lay over the card base and then sponged SU Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush inks through the "window".

Next I stamped the design from the SU Simply Sketched stamp set with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and colored with the coordinating markers.  The sentiment is also from the same set (and kit looks crooked in the picture although it isn't).

The card I used as an inspiration had used the white layer as a mat and added it to a colored card base.  I like it this way too.

Thank you for coming by!

No comments:

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...