Thursday, December 28, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LYNETTE!


Lynette, is celebrating her birthday today  It's very cold where she lives so I hope she is able to still do something special.   I believe a wintery card is very fitting the weather that they are having.

This cute little snowman is "Snowy", a stamp from Penny Black.  I've had it for quite awhile but hadn't ever used it.  Not sure why because he is so cute.  When Penny Black came out with the matching die, then I knew I would be more likely to use the stamp.  This is my first project. 

I used the "Softly Falling" embossing folder on SU Bashful Blue card stock and placed it behind the Memory Box "Woodland Oval" die cut.  Some snowflakes from a Penny Black "Snow Time" die were added.  To finish off the card, I added some glitter under Snowy.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LYNETTE!

5 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

You are right, this IS adorable! I know Lynette will love it.

Anonymous said...

Great cold weather card. Pat

Anonymous said...

This is a really cute card! Carol

Darnell said...

I just saw your card on Lynette's website, Vicki, and I had to come over and tell you how much I love it! "Snowy" is cute enough all by himself, but you went the extra mile and gave him an incredibly beautiful background!! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

Lynette said...

Sorry this is such a belated comment, Vicki! Life has been a bit hectic:) Thank you so much for this card - I really like it! Such soft pretty colors and a great snowman. You're certainly right about the cold - it still hasn't warmed up!!! Soon, though.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...