Tuesday, January 23, 2018

PENNY BLACK - Watercolored Iris


I am a lover of Penny Black stamps.  Our Yahoo Group's second challenge for January was to make a card using a watercolor technique. This is the card I sent to my partner. The easiest one for me was to color this Iris with markers from Stampin' Up! and then spritz it with water.  

Last week a friend was here and we made cards for a nursing home and independent living center.  When we were finishesd, I showed her how to do this and she made several really pretty stamped images.

The image was added to the matching SU card stock mat. I left the right edge wider so that I could cut a design using a Martha Stewart punch.  I did add two scored lines along side of the punched edge although they don't show up in the picture.

I have more different cards made using this same stamp that I will be posting so I hope you will come back again.

2 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

I love Penny Black stamps too. I inherited some of them that are wild brush strokes. I will have to pull them out and try the watercolor spritz technique with them and see what happens.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Pat

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!