Monday, June 18, 2018

MY ROOTS OF MAKING CARDS


I am in Des Moines this week with six of my friends who meet each year in June.  We will be spending a lot of time sharing our toys, shopping,learning new techniques, laughing and eating.  The store where we meet is so generous to let us spread out our supplies and have fun there for several days.  Since we only see each other once a year it is a real treat to spend this time together.  We met yesterday and will be together until we all head home on Thursday.  I am scheduling cards to appear here while I'm gone.

Recently one of my friends who comes to "play" at my house asked about what I meant by dry embossing.  She has embossed with folders but hadn't seen embossing with brass stencils.  It was actually fun to get out my light box and a variety of stencils to show her and it was a way for me to get a little more (very little more) of the large stash of Lasting Impressions papers used.
return
It doesn't look like it in the picture, but both the random dot paper and the tiny dotted papers are from the same color category. 

After Carol was gone, I left the light box and some papers on the table to have some more fun so you will be seeing more cards in the next few days.

Thanks for coming by!

No comments:

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...