Wednesday, July 25, 2018

POPPY STAMPS - Perched BIrd Collage

I recently purchased this die and then actually had a little difficulty deciding how to use it.  It's a new design so Pinterest wasn't much help.  First, I simply added the matted bird onto the Tempting Turquoise card base.  It was just too plain and I wasn't happy with it.  


A few days later I ran across the scrap of that piece that had been colored with alcohol ink and decided it could make a great addition to the card.  I removed the "bird", attached the scrap of the alcohol design and then added the bird back onto the card.

The gold foil highlights on the alcohol are added just before the inks are dry by rubbing transfer gold foil over the damp ink.  I love the look!

No comments:

A few days ago I watched a video from  Karen Titus  using 1" squares.  I thought it would be fun to pull out some scraps from one of my...