Sunday, July 1, 2018

PRETTY BUTERFLIES - Celebrate


The Paper Players are celebrating their 400th Challenge.  I decided it would be fun to participate in a challenge again.   I had purchased some beautiful papers at Inspire Papercrafting in West Des Moines, IA while at the annual meeting of  friends from several states.

There were two types of papers.  Each measure 8 1/4" x 11 3/4".  The solid colors are more of a card stock weight and the others are lightweight papers and intended to be inserts in the large cards.  I wanted to get the most out of each sheet so I cut them apart and used pieces.  My card is a standard A2.  

The card base is light blue.  The bottom portion is actually a scrap of light blue that has a very light variation in color.  The butterflies are a strip from another piece of the papers.  I love the soft colors.  All of the scraps from cutting sheets apart were saved so I die cut the "celebrate" and the butterfly from those scraps

I think this will make a very pretty feminine birthday card for someone. Thanks for coming by!

No comments:

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...