Tuesday, April 30, 2019

BUTTERFLIES & CASCADING CARD UPDATE


The Poppy Stamps "Bellina Corner" die has been in my "collection" for a long time but I don't remember ever using it.  When scrolling through butterfly cards on Pinterest, I found one that was made like this.  

Using three different alcohol inks, I swirled them around on a piece of Yupo paper.  I cut the die and then added the alcohol piece behind the negative portion of the white card stock (4" x 5 1/4").  I sprayed the die cut piece with an adhesive and then added it back into the "negative" piece.  There was a small piece of Yupo paper left so I cut the individual butterflies.  The piece was then popped on the white card base.

The card I CASED also added a sentiment in the white space - I'm not sure if I will or not.  Thank you for stopping by today!

UPDATE: A few days ago I posted a Cascading card that I made.  It's a little too thick for the standard A2 envelope.  I could use a larger envelope but decided to make a box for it. The video I watched showed how to make the box but the measurement were way too big for the size of the card so I scaled it down.


I think I'm going to make a new base because the card stock I used was a little too light weight.  When the lid is on, I'll tie it with a ribbon.  I think that will make a really fun way to present the card. In case you make a Cascading card and want to know how to do the box and I will try to come up with complete and concise directions for you.  

Thanks for coming by today!


2 comments:

Lynette said...

I love your butterfly card, Vicki - fabulous Yupo paper background. That's cool that you made a box for your cascading card, too.

Anonymous said...

Wow now that's so beautiful!!! Well done!
Nancy

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...