Wednesday, May 1, 2019

APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS


HAPPY MAY DAY!  Do small children still hand out May Baskets where you live?  I remember making up baskets for our girls to run around town.  They dropped them at the doorstep, rang the doorbell or knocked and then ran trying not to get caught.  The basket were filled with carmel corn and candies.

This is a cute set of dies from Taylored Expressions.  I made this a few days ago, but I thought it would be a great way to start off the Month of May.  I cut two of the pink tulips and cut one of the petals off.  I glued the bottom edge of the petal down but then used a small foam dot to pop the upper edge of the petal.

Thanks for stopping by today!


1 comment:

Lynette said...

So pretty and springy, Vicki! We did May baskets with I was a kid, and our kids did a little bit, I think. Last year our grandsons discovered the tradition and came over with baskets. That was fun:) They enjoyed getting chased.

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...