Thursday, June 6, 2019

PENNY BLACK STICKERS - Christmas Collage


In an effort to use more "things" that I have had for a long time, I ran across a sheet of Penny Black Stickers.  All but two of the stickers were appropriate for Christmas cards so I matted them and added them to a card but have not finished them. 

This bird was one of the two that didn't look like Christmas to me so I added it to a piece of white card stock and then cut it out with a Spellbinders oval die.  Then I cut two more larger ovals and layered them.  

I'm not overly fond of this Stampin' Up! color of green but it was the only one I had that really  went with the color in the sticker.  By adding the two additional mats to the piece with the sticker, I think it turned out about as well as I could expect.  

That left only one sticker left on the sheet and I actually threw it away.  I just didn't like it.  

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I DO like that color of green:) And you made such a pretty card. Isn't it awesome to get things used up, even if you have to toss the last little bit??

Cheryl W said...

I think your card turned out so nice. Kudos to you for having the strength to throw out a sticker. LOL I have such a hard time throwing ANYTHING away!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...