Tuesday, June 4, 2019

POPPY STAMPS - Chinese Lanterns


This card didn't actually come together the way I intended, but I decided to show it to you anyway.  I cut the design using textured gold foil paper and also cut the gold frame.  

The card base is brown. I added a piece of vellum under the gold frame.  I sprayed the lantern design on the reverse side with an adhesive and added it to the vellum.  My intention was to cut the lantern pieces a second time with orange card stock but soon realized it was going to be a real pain to put all of those little pieces into the gold die cut so I colored with an orange Copic marker instead.

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Pretty card! Love the gold CS. I can see why you didn't want to cut and glue in place all those tiny pieces.

Lynette said...

It's so pretty, Vicki! Good choice to use markers:) I actually just did one with Copics, too. I just haven't gotten it finished into a card yet.

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...