Wednesday, July 17, 2019

MAKE 'N' TAKE AT TAYLORED EXPRESSIONS


When we visited Taylored Expressions last month, we had the opportunity to make a card using watercoloring.  I quickly realized this was not my favorite way to color images.

Coloring the flowers was fairly easy but the sample they had for us to see had the entire background colored with the light blue.  I had a terrible time getting the blue so that it was acceptable to me.  I noticed Harriet had colored some of the bottom portion of her card with green so I did the same.  As you can see some of the blue shows through the green but I like that.  

I'm still not sold on making watercoloring something I'll be doing but I'm glad I had the chance to give it a try

Thank you for coming by today.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

It turned out very pretty, Vicki! I think you should give it another chance:)

Cheryl W said...

I think your watercoloring looks great! I actually like to use watercolor pencils and a waterbrush. Together they seem to give me more control.

Anonymous said...

One of your better sweet and lovely cards. I hope you have a beautiful day.

Pat

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...