Thursday, October 17, 2019

HERO ARTS - Palm Fancy Die


A few days ago I pulled out some dies that I hadn't used in a long time and this one that had never been used.  It was still taped down firmly in the original package.  I cut it from a piece of Yupo paper that I had colored with alcohol inks a couple of months ago.  The colors are great for this time of year.  

Once I had it cut I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it.  Before adding adhesive I placed it on some white and then ivory card stock but both were too bright.  I had a package of cream card stock that until now I wasn't crazy about because it was too yellow.  It was just what I needed.

The 4" x 5 1/4" was embossed with a folder from Stampin' Up! and then mounted onto the card base using foam squares.

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

You're right - perfect colors for fall! Great way to finish up the card with that pretty die.

Cheryl W said...

I have quite a number of dies that I haven't used yet. It's always fun to cut them for the first time. I really like the embossed paper behind your leafy frond. A great fall card!

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!