Friday, October 4, 2019

STAMPIN' UP! - 2 More Madison Avenue


As I mentioned last week, I was ready to take this set to a stamp sale last weekend.  In a last minute decision I checked out Pinterest and found some interesting cards made with the set.

Years ago my sister gave me some supplies that she was no longer wanted because she wasn't making cards anymore.  There were about a dozen of these note cards that had the scored border.  I added the two scored lines to separate the sentiment from the design on the top.

I decided to make more with these note cards using different colors. Here's where the craziness came in.  I stamped the design onto the note card only to discover that I had stamped with the opening for the card on the left side (because I had stamped it upside down).  The mistake turned into a much better card.  Check out the card below..............



I cut the note card in half and then trimmed the front down to fit on a Balmy Blue card base. That left the other half of the note card and I attached it to the inside of the card.  Therefore there was nothing wasted after all.   In truth, I really am glad I made the mistake because this makes a much more attractive card.  I learned a long time ago not to give up if I made a mistake and most of the time I'm able to find a way to still use the project.

Thanks for coming by today!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I've made that same mistake more times than I wish to recount! You really made lemonade out of lemons with your pretty second card! The image reminds me of Scandinavian folk art.

Lynette said...

They are both very pretty, Vicki. I agree - I do like the blue one a bit better. :)

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...