Monday, October 21, 2019

THANK YOU FOR HIS HONESTY


Recently when I was shopping, an insurance check we had received ended up on the ground of the parking lot at a Walmart.  A young man found it so he went inside to see if they would page me.  They asked him to give them the check but he said he would get in touch with me himself.......and he did.

Needless to say we were very grateful to him for handling it himself and calling me later that same day.  I hadn't yet realized it was missing so I never had to go through the panic of wondering what had happened to it.

The young man was in a neighboring town and offered to drive to my home to return it.  I told him it wasn't necessary and that I'd be grateful if he would even just drop it in the mail to me.  It arrived the next day.

Naturally a token of gratitude was called for and Saturday morning there was a blog post with a card like this specifically for a gift card.  The gift card will go into the pocket where I tucked the little piece of ivory card stock.

Thank you for stopping by today!



2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

What a kind and honest young man! He definitely was living out the Biblical admonition to "do unto others as you would have them do onto you..." You've created a really wonderful thank you card for him. I think he will really appreciate it.

Lynette said...

I'm so glad you got your check back, Vicki! The card you made for him is great - perfect timing for you to find the tutorial:)

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...